News Ltd reports indicate that there will be no new BBL sides for at least another 5 years, but that the number of games may increase, as well as further integration with the WBBL.
Also of note
- The international quota of players would remain at two per club
- The salary cap would remain at $1.3 million spread across 18 contracted position
- The current $20 million per season five-year broadcast deal with Ten expires after the 2017-18 summer.
- Some clubs were already making profits of around $1 million from the seven-week tournament.
- Cricket Australia is continuing to diminish the financial support it feeds clubs. Everard said “once the dust settles on this season” it is likely Cricket Australia would drop its revenue contribution from 45 to about 40 per cent.