- News reports that Suns CEO Andrew Travis has resigned.
- News reports that the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation, one of Collingwood’s major partners, was in talks with club chiefs about the Magpie Millions lotto game.
- The Age reports that Carlton and AFL officials are discussing a proposal that will help Carlton make significant changes to Ikon Park, including installing new change rooms and re-laying the surface.
- VICTORIA Park could host Collingwood’s AFLW games next season as the Magpies plan for their women’s team to play home games at two venues in 2018.
- CASEY-Dandenong A-League backers say their prospective club is “another Western Sydney Wanderers” waiting to happen. The heads of three major councils in Melbourne’s booming south-east suburbs — Greater Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia — met for a second time last week to formalise their commitment to an A-League licence bid.
- Foxtels new NRL Channel – Fox League – formally opened its programming last night.
- The Guardian reports on the Redcliffe Dolphins: 70 years growing and with ambitious plans for future in NRL.
- The Australian reports that a vote on John Grants future as chairmen of the ARLC is due today. The vast majority of clubs and states have privately indicated their support for John Grant in recent weeks but the ARL Commission chairman still faces an anxious wait this morning to hear whether those in his corner have submitted the votes necessary to save his position.
- The Financial Review reports on how the business case stacks up for the Fox league channel
- Mumbrella reports that more than 20 brands have signed up to partner with Fox League channel
- Mumbrella reports that Aussie Apples has signed a six-figure sponsorship deal with Netball Australia