- ACL 2017 – Adelaide v Jiangsu Suning at Nanjing Olympic Sports Centre, Attendance: 41,033
- Wed STV
#AFCChampionsLeague #JIAvADE #FoxSports 23k
- Football Federation Australia will prioritise clubs playing in the Asian Champions League when scheduling next season’s draw by making fixtures flexible to account for travel loads and continental competition.
- The Australian reports that the stunning success of the inaugural women’s league has the AFL reconsidering the expansion timetable for the eight-team competition.
- The Age reports that the AFL Womens competition will be free again next year.
- The West reports that AFL boss Gillon McLachlan hopes there is a Tasmanian team in the women’s league “sooner rather than later”.
- AFL Women’s organisers are hoping to avoid a grand final headache if Brisbane’s stellar form continues.
- NORWOOD Football Club will bid to host the inaugural AFL women’s league grand final at The Parade.
- AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has fronted pay talks with the powerful player union for the first time.
- AFL Victoria has launched a girls mirror of the TAC Cup
- Wed STV
#FoxLeague #LeagueLife 42k (9.30pm replay 26k) #NRL360 41k (8.30pm 37k) #QueenslandersOnly 37k (10pm 24k)
- The Australian reports that an independent company would be formed by all five Super Rugby clubs if the decision is taken to go ahead with a State of Origin concept, but even though the proposed date is less than four months away the project remains in limbo.