- After 4 rounds, AFL Crowds are up 2% to 1.317 million at an average of 36,599.
- FOOTY’S pay stoush has reached flashpoint with players set to reject the AFL’s $1.5 billion, six-year offer.
- After 7 rounds of the 2017 NRL season attendances are down 4% to 870,789 at an average of 15,550.
- A-league H&A Crowds finish ever so slightly lower than last season, down -0.12%.
- The A-league 2016-17 H&A Season on Fox has finished up 11% to 8.545 million at an average of 64,000 per game.
- Highest rating A-league matches – #1 R1 Syd/WS derby 142k. #2 R2 – Vic v City 132k #3 R1 – Roar v City 129k. (Rec 188k Syd derby R2 2014-15)
- 2016-17 HAL Fri night metro FTA ave up 18% to 64k (1/3rd of friday nights no FTA rating reported). Roar v Victory R1 top with 118k.
- THE cost of running a second tier club in Australia would be far too high for any NPL Tasmania side without significant financial investment, the head of the state’s soccer body says.
- A GROUP of heavyweight rugby identities and millionaire businessmen are plotting to save the Western Force from Super Rugby oblivion.