- Geelong Football Club is debt-free for the first time in five decades. It has been such a financial success, the Cats have permanently axed the gaming facility and 100 poker machines that were part of its home ground
- Thu NRL: Sharks d Cowboys: Crowd: 8,557 @ Southern Cross Group Stadium
- There’s a perception in clubland and the wider game that there won’t be peace at the NRL until John Grant is no longer at the helm.
- News Limited writes 1997 saw player salaries sky rocket thanks to the emergence of a rebel competition — Super League — and a similar scenario looks like emerging in the NRL.
- THE NRL may be forced to withhold $20 million of funding to struggling clubs next season in a move that has reignited calls for the removal of independent commission chairman John Grant.
- SCG Trust chairman Tony Shepherd has flagged a potential Allianz Stadium pitch refurbishment as a key benefit for long-term tenants Sydney FC. As expected, the Sky Blues have renewed their lease and will call the venue home for a further 10 years.
- Optus backs EPL investment