NRL Sponsorship News and Updates
- Coates (Finals series sponsor)
- The Auckland Nines will feature a new naming rights sponsor for 2016 – Downer Group. The multi-award winning tournament will now be known as the Downer NRL Auckland Nines and will be played on February 6th and 7th at Eden Park.
- National Storage have signed a four year deal with Brisbane Brroncos.The four-year deal will see National Storage act as a premier partner of the club until 2019. The company’s logo will feature on the back of the Broncos’ home and away playing jerseys for the duration of that period.
- NRMA has announced last year it will extend its Broncos sponsorship for another 3 years.
- Canberra have signed Austbrokers Canberra to be a front of jersey sponsor for the Nines.
- TTM Security will become a front of jersey sponsor
- Denman Prospect – Two year deal involves the branding of Capital Estate Developments’ suburban project Denman Prospect being visible on the club’s playing shorts and training apparel for the 2016 and 2017 NRL seasons.
- Brydens lawyers (membership partner)
- The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have received a major energy boost with OPAL Solar upgrading their involvement to become a sponsor featuring on the bottom back of jerseys for the next two seasons.
- Cronulla have signed Hydralyte as their official hydration partner for the 2016 season
- Cronulla have announced Opal Solar is their new major partner for the next 2 seasons
- Australian Solar Designs will be on the front of the Cronulla women’s jersey this season and owner-director Scott Mason said he considered partnering with the men’s team, but knew his investment would have greater appreciation and value with the female side.
- Global Road Technologies, resigned for another year through 2016
- TFH Hire Services, resigned as a front of jersey sponsor for another 2 years through 2017.
- Channel 9 Gold Coast, renewing for a further 2 years, through 2017.
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks has joined the NRL’s Gold Coast Titans as their official membership partner.
- Wagering firm Ladbrokes have renewed their partnership with the Gold Coast Titans for a further two seasons. The deal means Ladbrokes branding will remain on the Titans playing jerseys.
- The Manly Sea Eagles have sealed a new major partnership with Coco Joy with the coconut water drink brand replacing Kaspersky as the club’s major parter. A division of global FMCG brand, FAL Food and Beverages, Coco Joy’s partnership runs for three years from 2016 to 2018. Coco Joy’s branding will be on the club’s key front of jersey position, an upgrade on their sleeve position.
- Manly have completed a partnership with telecommunications manufacturer ZTE, with ZTE branding to be visible on the club’s playing sleeve.
- Manly has had Kyocera upgrade their club partnership from shorts partner to the jersey for the 2016 NRL season.
- Huntlee has become a major sponsor of the Newcastle Knights for the next three seasons. The deal will see the Huntlee logo in the sternum position of the Newcastle Knights jersey, the place usually reserved for the kit manufacturer.
- The Newcastle Knights and NSW Mining have agreed to extend their partnership, signing a three-year extension.
- Newcastle Knights have agreed a one-year sponsorship agreement with wagering firm Ladbrokes. The bookmaker’s branding will be visible on the lower back position on the club’s jersey for the remainder of the 2017 season, as well as the goalpost and corner-post pads at the club’s home games
- New Zealand Warriors have announced a three year extension to their deal with Harvey Norman. An added major aspect to the new deal is the two organisations combining to launch the nationwide Harvey Norman Community Warriors.
- North Queensland have signed a three year deal with Ville Resort-Casino who will be the club’s new sleeve sponsor.
- North Queensland have renewed JLT (Jardine Lloyd Thompson) as their front of shorts sponsor for a further two seasons.
- North Queensland have signed Westfund as their official Health fund for the next three season.
- The Cowboys have signed UBET as a major partner on a multi-year deal, which will see the club join other national sporting clubs in the AFL and A-League to affiliate with the premier betting provider as a corporate partner.
- The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys and James Cook University are teaming up, announcing a strategic partnership to boost health, wellbeing and education in northern Queensland.
- Penrith Panthers have signed an off-season sponsorship with VIA Network to become the club’s official training partner through to the end of the 2018 NRL season. The logo of VIA Careers, the employment and recruitment arm of VIA Network, will appear on the lower back of all Panthers jerseys for the next three seasons.
St George Illawarra
- The St George Illawarra Dragons have received a major boost with the announcement of Bingo Industries’ increased partnership involvement in 2017.
- The Sydney Roosters have signed a deal with Hoyts to be their cinema partner until the end of 2018.
- National Rugby League (NRL) team Sydney Roosters have renewed their longstanding partnership with poultry brand Steggles. The extended four-season deal will take the Roosters’ association with the brand to 12 consecutive seasons. Steggles will continue to be the team’s matchday and training shirt sponsor. In addition, the organisations will continue to work together on the Steggles Charity Nest, an initiative that has raised over AUD $2.5million (US$1.9 million) to support a range of children’s charities.
- Australian rugby league team Wests Tigers have agreed a major sponsorship deal with CrownBet. The bookmaker’s logo will appear on the upper back of the Sydney-based National Rugby League (NRL) team’s playing jerseys in 2017.
NSWRL & QRL
- Harvey Norman has agreed a partnership with New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and Queensland Rugby League (QRL) to support development pathways for female players from under-six level to open representative competition.