2017 AFL Metro tv ratings finished down -1.49% in total to 45.9m and -0.93% on ave to 262,000 per game. Fox down -0.12% on both (37.4m, 189k). AFL Fox Audience shares – Syd 10%, Melb 53%, Bris 7%, Adel 13%, Per 17%.
- In Sydney, AFL FTA ratings were up 5.73% to 2.878m total and 32,000 average. Top rating Swans – v Crows 91k. Top GWS v Sydney 75k. AFL Fox ratings averaged 16,000 over the year. Top Swans rating 55,000 (v Crows0, Top GWS rating 55,000 (v Swans). No 2016 data
- In Melbourne, AFL FTA ratings were down -9.98% in total (25.59m), but up 0.4% on average (277,000) with 11 less televised games. ANZAC Day was the top rating with 549,000, followed by Swans v Pies with 407,000. Fox ratings averaged 85,000. Top rating match being ANZAC day with 166,000 followed by Tigers v Mel on Anzac Eve (150,000).
- In Brisbane, AFL FTA was down 1.59% on total (2.1m), but up 6.33% on average (23,000). R1 QClash 49,000, R22 QCLash 22,000. Swans/Pies 42k. In Brisbane, AFL Fox averaged 12,000 per game. Top rating ANZAC Day 36,000. R21 Qclash 21,000.
- In Adelaide AFL FTA Ratings were up 11.4% in total (10.25m) and 15.16% on ave (115,000). Showdowns rated 250,000 & 238,000 respectively. In Adelaide, Fox rated an average of 21,000 per game. Top rating game was the R20 showdown (68,000), followed by last rounds Crows/WCE (57k).
- In Perth, AFL FTA was up 3.81% on total (8.87m) while also up 1.56% on ave (96,000). Derbys rated 236,000 & 196,000 respectively. In Perth, AFL Fox rated an average of 27,000 per match. R6 Derby top rating with 62,000, followed by ANZAC Day with 59,000. R17 Derby 52k.
Im very much indebted to
@MediaweekAUS @kevinperry and @MrTVAus for their work over the year. My thanks to these fine folks. Please note data cannot be supplied in tabular format due to Oztam copyrights.