Total AFL Club earnings in 2019 were $1.109 billion. This includes AFL distributions of $314.6m. In total across the AFL and its clubs, consolidated revenue was $1.547 billion for 2019.
The top earning AFL club in 2019 was the West Coast Eagles with 102m. Richmond came in second with $92 million. Three clubs failed to meet the AFLs own $45 million sustainability test (as mentioned a number of times by AFL executives as the benchmark for Tasmanian team stability), including Gold Coast (43m), North and the Bulldogs (44m).
West Coast were the most profitable club, earning a 21m profit, followed by Collingwood with 12m. 14 clubs reported profits with overall club profit reaching 55m in 2019. 4 clubs reported losses of between 0.5 and 1.98m with Melbourne and Fremantle bringing up the rear.
AFL clubs reported more than 222m in sponsorship in 2019. Collingwood lead the way in sponsorship, reporting 20m in sponsorship, followed by Adelaide and Sydney with 19m each. Fremantle and St Kilda finished at the bottom of this list, although Fremantle has a fairly high level of corporate hospilality which would put these figures higher, and Port Adelaide didnt report sponsorship at all.
AFL clubs reported more than 297m in membership and gate revenues with West Coast leading the way on 35m. Collingwood and Richmond also made more than 30m, while Gold Coast and GWS turned in just over 5m each at the bottom of the table.
The AFL distributed more than 314m to clubs in 2019, with Gold Coast the league leader with 27m in distributions. Followed by GWS, Brisbane, and St Kilda who all recieved more than 20. The leagues base distribution in 2019 was 11.2m, which was all that was given to Hawthorn and West Coast. It should be noted that distributions include tv rights money, promotional and game buyout funding, signage and pourage, as well as AFL membership distributions.
In total across the AFL and its clubs, consolidated revenue was $1.547 billion for 2019.
More info – here
AFL Annual Reports
- 2019 AFL Concise Report
- 2019 AFL Stadia Annual Report
- 2019 Adelaide Annual Report
- 2019 Brisbane Annual Report
- 2019 Carlton Annual Report
- 2019 Collingwood Annual Report
- 2019 Essendon Annual Report
- 2019 Fremantle Annual Report
- 2019 Geelong Annual Report
- 2019 Gold Coast Annual Report
- 2019 Hawthorn Annual Report
- 2019 Melbourne Annual Report
- 2019 North Melbourne Annual Report
- 2019 Port Adelaide Annual Report
- 2019 Richmond Annual Report
- 2019 St Kilda Annual Report
- 2019 Sydney Annual Report
- 2019 West Coast Annual report
- 2019 Western Bulldogs Annual Report