Source: Sydney Morning Herald
Canterbury leagues club has received government approval for its $100 million project to transform its site at Belmore to include a six star hotel, and create other sources of revenue that will make the club more secure financially.
According to Fairfax media, the development includes
- Changing the club’s current L-shaped structure into a “U”;
- Constructing a new wing, which would include a six-star hotel, the only such hotel in the city’s south-west;
- Refurbishment of existing facilities;
- Allocating $20 million to dig for five underground levels to accommodate 400 new car spaces;
- Building a 1000-seat function/conference centre.