A-league and Soccer
- ACL: Gamba Osaka d Adelaide United: Crowd: 5,071 @ Coopers Stadium
- The ACL clash failed to make the top 20 Foxtel programs, which list cut off at 30,000
- Reports this morning that the Socceroos will meet Brazil at the MCG on June 13 in a friendly, a clash the FFA had been hoping to schedule, with the South American giants in Melbourne for a blockbuster clash with Argentina four days earlier.
- The Financial Review reports on possible moves to sell the FFA to private equity firms like UBS.
- Tourism Australia will be the official partner for the round 8 AFL Premiership season match between Port Adelaide and Gold Coast Suns. Tourism Australia branding will be visible on the back of both club’s playing guernseys, on the playing surface and in-stadia signage within Jiangwan Stadium.
- The Suns are disputing Koch’s claim there is a contractual demand for Gold Coast to abandon its red-and-yellow home jumper — which resembles the Chinese national flag — to wear white in Shanghai on May 14.
- News Limited reports that a Wheelchair AFL competition could be the sport’s next frontier with one club already expressing interest in entering a team.
- The West Coast v Fremantle game in Geraldton is officially sold out.
- The North Melbourne v Hawthorn game at Arden Street is officially sold out.
- Queensland Rugby League chairman Bruce Hatcher has spoken of the need to rebuild trust and respect between the clubs and states as the bitter fallout from failed constitutional change threatens to overshadow a meeting of the game’s powerbrokers in Sydney for the release of the code’s financial results.
- The Sydney Roosters have signed a deal with Hoyts to be their cinema partner until the end of 2018.
- The Australian asks if we are witnessing the end of the road for Super Rugby?
- The Super Rugby Season begins this weekend.