Skip to content
- NRL STV Tues Ratings – NRL 360 39,000, Sterlo 38,000
- Todd Greenburg has told the ABC that the game has only been operating at 75 per cent and needed to do better.
- After four years as head of strategy and investment for the NRL, Andrew Fraser has decided to resign, citing the pressure of commuting from Brisbane.
- Nick Weeks has been appointed deputy chief executive of the NRL, or more specifically, chief operating officer and head of integrity. He will take responsibility for the following divisions – strategy, broadcasting, community, government, legal, HR and responsibility for dealing with the RLPA.
- Cronulla have announced Opal Solar is their new major partner for the next 2 seasons
- NRMA has announced last year it will extend its Broncos sponsorship for another 3 years.
- The NRL has strengthened its regulations on betting, forcing bookmakers to be in an agreement with the league and banning most exotic options
- The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys and James Cook University are teaming up, announcing a strategic partnership to boost health, wellbeing and education in northern Queensland.
- Crown Resorts will sell its flagship golf courses and axe sponsorships of the nation’s top rugby league teams and sporting stars, including former Australian cricket captain Michael Clarke, as its billionaire owner James Packer makes dramatic cost cuts across the casino group. Crown’s sponsorship of the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Melbourne Storm NRL teams has also been abandoned as part of the review.
- the Guardian asks whats next for the World Club Challenge series and says its time to dream big
- Tuesday News Summary – Feb 28th, 2017
- Thursday News Summary