A-league and other football
- Wednesday – Liverpool v Sydney FC – Crowd: 72,892 at ANZ Stadium
- ABC2’S FOOTBALL broadcast has been named the “worst coverage in history” after a cringe-worthy hour of TV
- AFL matches took the top two, and four of the top 5 spots on Nielsons social media sports content ratings.
- Security to remain tight and increased police presence likely at
AFLgames this weekend
- Under a raft of proposed changes, the AFL Players Association has demanded three significant reforms in a bid to allow footballers greater freedom of movement.
- A potential increase to AFLW players’ pay for next season will be discussed following the trade and re-sign period that ends on Friday.
- Essendon Football Club has announced that Fujitsu General Australia has signed a four year extension to remain a Co-Major Partner of the Bombers until 2021.
- NSW five-eighth James Maloney has taken aim at the NRL, venting his frustrations over a perception the governing body is trying to portray the players as money hungry.
- ARL Commission chairman John Grant has repelled the latest attack on his position but he may find himself at loggerheads with club bosses again in the near future over suggestions he has agreed to stand down at the start of next year.
- The special summit that was to have been held by the ARU on Friday to explain what is happening in the process of reducing five Super Rugby teams to four has been cancelled