- AFL Thu – Swans v Bulldogs – Official crowd: 20,692 at the SCG
- Thu AFL FTA (7/7mate) – Swans v Bulldogs – 464,000 (Syd 36,000, Mel 261,000, Bris 20,000, Adel 91,0000, Per 55,000), Regional 190,000
- Thu STV
#AFL #FoxFooty #AFLSwansDogs National 187k: Metro 149k (Syd 33k Mel 74k Bri 10k Ade 12k Per 20k)
@AFLDraft is headed back to Homebush. This year’s event will be held at the Sydney Showgrounds at Olympic Park on November 24.
- LAS Vegas rockers The Killers are set to headline the musical entertainment at this year’s AFL grand final.
- NRL Thu – Sharks v Storm – Crowd: 7,912 at Southern Cross Group Stadium
- Thu TV
#NRL #NRLSharksStorm Metro Nine 373k (Syd 219k Bri 152k) 9Gem 37k (no breakdown yet), Regional 288k
- Thu STV
#NRL #FoxLeague #NRLSharksStorm National 235k: Metro 168k (Syd 79k Mel 31k Bri 50k Ade 1k Per 7k)
- Steve Mascord writes that the NRL’s head is in the sand as we enter the era of sports globalisation
- A new ARLC, no longer with chairman John Grant, with club and state representatives, could dismantle the NRL’s planned $150 million investment in digital technology, leaving Fox Sports as the only bidder for TV rights and thereby returning the game to the control of News Corporation.
- Australian Rugby League Chairman John Grant has announced he will not stand for reappointment as a Commissioner at the end of his current term in February 2018.
- The NRL has given an undertaking to the Rugby League Players’ Association it will open up its books to show why it can’t accede to the union’s demands as the parties remain divided on paying the game’s stars a fixed share of revenue.
- Financial services giant
@Suncorp won’t renew its @QLDmaroons front-of-jersey sponsorship at the end of 2017.
- The final impediment to constitutional revolution has been cleared after the Queensland Rugby League last night gave the green light to a new 10-person ARL Commission to include state and club representatives, a move likely to spark a mad scramble for new commissioners.
- Thu WCQ – Australia v Saudia Arabia – Crowd: 29,785 at Adelaide Oval
- Thu WCQ FTA (Nine Go!) – Aus v KSA – 262,000 (Syd 84,000, Mel 83,000, Bri 32,000, Ade 54,000, Per 9,000)
- Thu STV World Cup Qual
#FoxSports #AUSvKSA National 179k: Metro 162k (Syd 74k Mel 43k Bri 19k Ade 16k Per 10k)
- The withdrawal of a key Australian Rugby Union sponsorship may be the trigger for a palace revolt at the code’s troubled headquarters, with a possible outcome that an Australian football code will have a female leader for the first time.
- RugbyWA and the ARU have agreed today to fast track the resolution of the dispute currently before Supreme Court of Western Australia through arbitration.
- THE embattled Australian Rugby Union has taken another blow with Buildcorp pulling a lucrative sponsorship of the National Rugby Championship due to the ARU’s inaction on a national women’s competition. The loss of the NRC’s naming rights sponsor came as two other key sponsors, BMW and Lion Nathan, informed the ARU they are also walking away.
- Embattled Australian Super Rugby clubs may yet win a reprieve and compete in next year’s streamlined competition and beyond. Reports from South Africa suggest that not only will the Southern Kings and the Cheetahs leave Super Rugby to join Britain’s Pro12 competition but that a third team from the republic wants to join them, giving Australia a lifeline.
- Who Won Thursday’s Big Night Of Sport? The Socceroos, AFL Or The NRL? (As Saudis Labelled “Disgraceful”)