Football Federation Australia (FFA) and FOX SPORTS today announced that the ABC is the official Free-to-Air Television Broadcaster Partner of the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas for the next two years.
The deal means A-League games will be broadcast by ABC TV for the first time, and marks a return for the W-League, which had a home with the ABC from 2008 until 2017.
Under the new agreement,
- 29 live matches will be broadcast on ABC TV and iview (5pm on Saturdays) throughout the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season
- delayed broadcasts of one Elimination Final, one Semi Final and the Hyundai A-League 2020 Grand Final.
- Fourteen (14) Rounds of the Westfield W-League 2019/20 Season (4pm on Sundays)
- the entire Westfield W-League 2020 Finals Series will also be broadcast live on ABC TV.
- The ABC will also broadcast every Caltex Socceroos match to which FOX SPORTS, on Foxtel carries rights.
- The upcoming Westfield Matildas international friendlies against Chile at Bankwest Stadium (Saturday 9 November) and Coopers Stadium (Tuesday 12 November) will be broadcast live on ABC along with next year’s Women’s Olympic Football Tournament Asian Qualifiers. (That will not include the World Cup should the Socceroos qualify for Qatar 2022, as SBS has those rights.)
FOX SPORTS will continue to broadcast live all Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas matches via Foxtel and Kayo Sports.
- ABC announced as Free-to-Air Television Broadcast Partner of the Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas
- ABC strikes deal with FFA to become free-to-air home of football in Australia
- Foxtel seals landmark deal to show A-League, Socceroos, Matildas and W-League on ABC
- FFA, ABC confirm free-to-air soccer deal
- A-League, W-League, Socceroos and Matildas to be shown on ABC after FFA strikes deal