- 6PR Interview with SMH’s Zoe Samios on the AFL rights.
- Speaking on captain’s day on Wednesday, many players spoke of the significance of this season being the first with all 18 clubs but expressed their wishes for a longer season where each side played each other.
- The AFL is pleased to announce that IKON Park will host the 2022 Smithy’s VFL Grand Final.
- On Thursday the Manchester City Football School was launched at Rostrevor College, with the sports training institute expanding on the school’s existing soccer program.
- The ARL Commission has sensationally put the NRL grand final up for sale in a Super Bowl-style arrangement after awarding this year’s decider to Sydney for only one season. Sources with knowledge of the negotiations told the Herald that NSW had upped its offer to around $8 million, a figure close enough to the $10m Queensland had purportedly tabled to steal the decider.
- Queensland Rugby League is pleased to report significant participation growth across all demographics, with player registrations up by nearly five per cent.