WA State Budget 2023-2024 – Whats in it for your sport
The Western Australian Government has delivered its 2023-2024 Budget. Heres whats in it for your sport
- $127.8 million to transform the State Hockey Centre into a world-class facility, following Western Australia’s successful bid to remain the home of hockey as the host of the Hockey Australia High Performance Program and Centre of Excellence.
- $55 million State Government contribution towards the WACA’s Ground Improvement project, including construction of a new community aquatic facility
- $15 million increase to the Community Sporting and Recreation Facilities Fund to boost community participation in sport and recreation through development of sustainable and quality facilities at a local level.
- $250 million for a new Asset Maintenance Fund to be allocated to the maintenance of State Government assets, including our cultural, sporting and entertainment venues and facilities for delivery of core services.
- The Budget has allocated $500,000 across the next two years for a scoping study into a National Rugby League Franchise in Perth.
Full Budget overview here.