Industry News Catchup – Wednesday, 14th, June 2017
Sorry for the inconsistency, havent been all that well.
- Australia v Brazil – Crowd – 48,847 at the MCG
- Australia v Brazil: 9Go! 221,000 (Syd 78k, Melb 64k, Bris 35k, Adel 30k, Perth 14k) Fox: 143k
- AUSTRALIA unveiled a government-backed bid Tuesday to host the 2023 Women’s World Cup, saying it would be an economic boon for the country and inspire a new generation footballers.
- BRISBANE are banking on a $15 million chunk of State Government funding for sport from today’s budget to be warehoused for a new boutique stadium for their women’s AFL team.
- Geelong has made the admission that their new redevelopment of Simonds Stadium is a tiny bit smaller than first announced. “The most the AFL could get for a final is 34,000.”
- SOUTH Adelaide is denying it is the prime mover to form a “super club” in the SANFL with a merger of three teams. Panthers chief executive Neil Sharpe has dismissed claims on radio by esteemed SA football identity Ken “KG” Cunningham that South Adelaide, West Adelaide and Glenelg are in talks for consider a three-club merger.
- The Australian Rugby Union is now set for arbitration with the two Super Rugby franchises on its shortlist for culling after the Melbourne Rebels late last week launched legal action against it.
- The Ten Network has gone into voluntary administration after its billionaire shareholders refused to guarantee another loan.