The Club generated a trading loss of $0.3 million for the year ending October 31, 2016, prior to depreciation and interest costs.
The $1.78 million loss in 2015/16 was in line with the Club’s budget forecast for the year. This year’s result was driven by a range of factors:
- Increased football department investment;
- Costs associated with the release of the Senior Coach from his contract;
- Declining crowds and membership due to performanc
Other key points of the Lions’ 2016 Financial Report are:
- Total Club turnover of $49 million, compared to $51 million the previous financial year;
- Football department expenditure of $22 million, compared to $21.5 million the previous financial year;