AFL Membership updates – June 2023
- The GIANTS have passed the 30k milestone, with 30,407 members who have pledged their support and signed up to be bigger in orange this season.
- Fremantle have surpassed 60,000 members for the first time in Club history as their record 2023 membership tally continues to grow.
- The Guardian has reported that the Suns memberships are near 23,500.
- no current membership data available for @, @. @, @, @ data may not be up to date.
3 game memberships came to the fore around 2011. The AFL reported non access members separately from 2011-14, with categorybreakdowns. From 2015, the AFL has only given a total “audit” figure – from 2016 until 2020 this included $50 min spend. Now that no longer applies.
According to the Adelaide Advertiser, the AFL has removed the "minimum $50 charge" requirement that previously existed to pass audit – theres almost no variance between the club promo figures and the audit data this year. If true, makes numbers a joke.https://t.co/93LvFGmuDO pic.twitter.com/6vXsa4ElPy
— sportsindustry (@footyindustryAU) August 5, 2021
NRL Membership updates – June 2023
- Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the club has hit the 20,000 Membership mark for a third consecutive season.
- The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Membership base has reached new heights in 2023, as the Club soars over 20,000 Members for the first time since 2016.
- the Broncos membership tally has surged past 40,000 for the first time in the club’s history.
- The Raiders have quietly set a new membership record.
- No current membership data available for @, @ or @. @, @ data is weeks or months behind.
The NRL didnt really push membership until the advent of the ARLC, and lately that central push has dropped off a little.