12,972 fans attended the Womens Origin fixture at Commbank Stadium – a record crowd for Womens Origin in Australia. Codesports reports that including streaming, viewership was at 919,000 for game one.
Cover picture: Womens Origin at Commbank Stadium. Picture: @BradWalterSport
A Women’s Origin record 💥
Thank you to the record breaking 12,972 fans who turned out for Game I of the 2023 Ampol Women’s State of Origin series at CommBank Stadium!
— CommBank Stadium (@commbankstadium) June 1, 2023
Thursday Womens #
- Nine Metro 345,000
- Syd 189,000 Bris 134,000
- Foxleague 114,000
Womens Origin was up 46% in Nines metro areas to 345,000 (2022: 236.000).
- No regional audience yet (2022: 168,000)
- No BVOD audience yet (2022: 32,000)
- The Foxleague audience was down 27% to 114,000 (2022: 158,000).
While a great increase on 2022, the metro and Fox audiences were somewhat shy of records
- 2023: 345k (Rg NA), Fox 114k
- 2022: 236k (Rg 168k) Fox 158k.
- 2021: 288k (Rg179k) Fox 151k.
- 2020: 302k (Rg 218k) Fox 55k.
- 2019: 382k (Rg 249k) Fox 152k.
- 2018: 370k (Rg 216k) Fox 104k.
- NSW/QLD 643,000
- Metro 330,000
- Regional 249,000
- BVOD 64,000
- Prematch 467,000
- Postmatch 289,000
All Data from OZtams Preliminry Overnights, Subscription tv and VOZ reports. Historical data from OZtam via footyindustry.con records.